This job would ideally suit a mature person that has experience of working outside in all weather conditions and can work well with little or no supervision. We are looking for a self motivated candidate, who has the relevant experience in grounds & garden maintenance, the role will also involves dealing with any issues from our owners on site, which can vary from changing a gas bottle to basic maintenance on static caravans. You will also be required to travel from the site to our caravan showground in Highbridge to assist with caravan maintenance in the quieter periods. The candidate will also have sole use of a company van. This is a live-in position on a pleasant site based in Brean Somerset.
About Our Company
The park is situated in the centre of Brean, Somerset and has its own private direct access to a 7 mile stretch of the lovely golden sandy beach of Brean Sands in Somerset. A select park of just 40 privately owned holiday caravans, it has a friendly community feel. A spaciously laid out park with some of the holiday caravans enjoying wonderful views across the Bristol Channel to North Devon and South Wales.
The key duties will include (Site)
• To carry out daily maintenance of the site, keeping areas safe and well swept, general repairs, grass cutting, weeding maintaining the lawns, flowerbeds and shrubs.
• Responsible for maintaining Garden machinery.
• Caravan & Property repair around the site.
• Taking gas orders & payments/installing gas bottles as and when
• General upkeep of the park.
• A practical approach to undertaking minor groundwork and associated tasks.
• Be able to interact effectively with customers on site and assist in basic queries.
• Point of contact for emergency cover.
The key duties will include (Showground)
• Undertake general Caravan repairs overseen by the yard manager.
• Moving static caravans around the yard.
• Use of forklift/Tractor.
• Additional Adhoc duties around the yard as required.
• Preparing caravans for transport.
Experience in a similar role is essential.
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative, have good common sense and be trustworthy.
Clean driving licence required.
Must be physically fit.
Experienced with the use of Garden Equipment.
Knowledge of the caravan / holiday home industry preferable.
The role is a full time position 8am-5pm Monday- Saturday