We are looking to recruit an On-Site Seasonal Couple to join our committed and growing team here at Drummohr, our holiday lodge, glamping, camping, and touring site located in Musselburgh, six miles east of Edinburgh, Scotland. Our vision is to create a 5-star Visit Scotland park in the next 2 years. Drummohr is open all year-round.
As a Maintenance Assistant/Operational Assistant couple, you will support our mission to give our guests an unforgettable stress-free experience by ensuring that our accommodation, amenities, and overall holiday experience exceed their expectations. You will be asked to be on call on a periodic basis to cover holidays and your duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Handling telephone booking enquiries promptly and professionally to ensure our guests receive a consistent, informative and supportive service
• Listening to guests to ensure that they are booking the most suitable accommodation for their needs, as well as maintaining an accurate and up to date booking system (basic computing skills essential)
• Adopting a polite, approachable, professional, and friendly manner for arriving guests, showing them to their pitch/accommodation and ensuring that they have everything they need for a comfortable stay throughout their stay on the park
• Providing an on-site presence and evening walk-round if on call to guarantee the security of the site and the safety and welfare of our guests
• Undertaking 5-star cleaning regimes and turnarounds of accommodation, hot tubs and amenity blocks
•Highlighting areas where site standards, processes or amenities could be improved and responding positively to guest feedback, positive and negative
• Performing regular and routine maintenance tasks across the site, including joinery, landscaping, plumbing and electrical basics. Must have groundwork experience and be able to operate machinery i.e., tractor, grasscutter etc.
• Ensuring any agreed standards, safe systems of work and checklists are followed and completed to ensure that accommodation is the required standard for arriving and departing guests
• Working proactively and with pride to maintain our facilities by identifying and sharing areas of improvement and undertaking all daily tasks and checks promptly and diligently
• Undertaking 5-star cleaning regimes and turnaround of hot tubs including chemical checks daily
Hours of work will be 30-40 per week. Friday AM – Monday MIDDAY. Peak seasonal hours and holiday cover may require additional hours. Applicants must be flexible in terms of days and hours worked in line with the needs of the business as this may be subject to change.
This is a couple’s position and prior maintenance experience is required. You will need your own touring caravan or motorhome to live in whilst working for us.This position includes your pitch together with electric hook up, free WiFi and use of laundry facilities.